Tuesday, June 5, 2012

So, thought it was about time I actually updated all you lovely people on Germany being that most of my blog entries thus far have been about my current emotional state or some philosophical thoughts etc. So, here goes...

Classic Lori moments in the last 3 months...
Breaking the toilet seat, the car door mirror, and a cup
Dying a towel blue
Sending letters home with Australian stamps
Walking over a the subway vent in Madrid and having a not so graceful Marilyn Monroe moment
Opening my bag and dropping a tampon at the feet of a very handsome man waiting for the train
Demonstrating to the man in the pharmacy that I needed tampons because I didn’t know what they were called in German, to which he replied, “Oh Tampons?” (Apparently it is a universal word)
Fell off a stationary bike
Throwing  up while running because I thought it was a good idea to run on a full stomach...didn’t realise there was a very good looking man walking his dog who saw the whole thing...
Thought I would be smart and say I feel hot in German...translation word by word “Ich bin heiss”...turns out I actually suggestion I, myself am a very a hot woman and would like to have some... hanky panky... Oh dear, I have since however learned that I need only say “Mir ist heiss”

Highlights from the last 3 months (in no particular order)
Skiing in the Austrian Alps
Spain...all of it (except perhaps a few of the overly friendly men)
My first dream in German
Letters from home
Seeing the seasons change so drastically
Waking up to snow at Easter
Reading....up to book number 13 now
Picnics, bubbles, sing-a-longs and snuggles with Robert
Learning and speaking German and helping tourists in German
Receiving videos and messages almost daily from some pretty special people
Seeing where the new Three Musketeers movie was filmed
Learning new and exciting things about God and about my own heart and mind
Being left breathless by the beauty here
Hearing the words “I love you” from a very specially little pint sized person

Lowlights from the last 3 months
Missing coffee from Zac’s - they just can’t get it right here
Missing (more than I could have anticipated) my family and friends.

Germany is an amazing country, and it’s people, well they are amazing too! Time as flown by so quickly, and then at the same time, it feels like I have been here so much longer than three months! At the moment my days are pretty routine, wake up to a handsome little face saying “lets have breakfast”, get ready, showered, shoes on, then off again because Junior needs to go to the toilet, shoes back on again, walk to kindergarten along the creek, answer a million “WHY?” questions, explain once again why we cannot pick up the stinging nestle, say goodbye, kiss on the cheek, ride my bike 3km up hill to the trainstation, spend the next 10 minutes trying to compose myself so that I don’t look like a just ran a marathon, catch the train to school, get to school just on time, school...coffee break...school, then at 3.07 I catch the train home, smile at my train buddy, struggle to find my keys in my handbag, get frustrated, empty my bag, find keys, unlock bike, ride to kindergarten, leave bike there, get Robert, negotiate with a 2 and a half year old on many more minutes he can play for, walk home, play blocks, water the vegepatch, go to the playground, after the parentals come home we have dinner, go for a run/walk depending on how I feel, sometimes I throw up my dinner because I never learn that its not a good idea to run on a full stomach, come home, shower, bed....then I do it all again...but honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way, I love living here, I love Germany and I love this family!
Sending love and peace to wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment